Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Card.....

We are in full swing into strawberry season...my total favourite time of the year. I found this awesome recipe that calls for strawberries...well....a little baking was done and so was a recipe card.
I totally fell in love with the Tim Holtz On the Edge die at Michaels (thank-you Paula for introducing it to me). I purchased it yesterday and then went to work playing with it today.

I used the adorable Flynn's Berry Happy Day image from Stamping Bella,  for my recipe card. Coloured her with prismas and added lots of glitter to her dress.

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
2 cups hulled cut strawberries
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1/3 heavy cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Whisk flour,baking powder, salt and remaining 4 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cream until dough starts to come together, then stir
in strawberry mixture.
Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop drop dough onto baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 24
to 25 minutes. Let cool on wire rack. Cookies are best served immediately, but can be stored in
an airtight container for 1 day!

9 comments:

Liza said...

Yum yum! They sound gorgeous. Love your recipe card too.

Liza x

Lisa Jane said...

oh ow gorgeous recipe card , and even more gorgeous shortcake.. i just have to try this out!
Hope you are well
Lisa x

Denise Marzec said...

Mmmmmmm, those shortcakes look delicious! I love strawberry season, too. In fact, we've gone "picking" at our local fruit market twice now. I'm now ready to go do some blueberry picking.

Love your awesome recipe card! You used my favorite papers here and I can see why you fell in love with that die. Looks fun! Super sweet image, too, and so perfect for this card.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How funny as my card today features that die too, love the on the edge dies. This is gorgeous and those look so yummy. Can I come for tea please? Have just e-mailed you.

sueincanada said...

Love the card and the cookies look wonderful.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oooooh yes please! May I have one! Your finished shortbread looks delish, Christine - as does your beautiful recipe card! Hugs, Lesley

Joanne said...

OK Christine, this isn't fair! Her I come to see your lovey paper creations and find yummy food staring me down, lol! They look delish and have made me hungry! Love your recipe card, sweet image and the checked paper is darling! Big hugs, J:)

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, recipe card is fabby and the finished product looks sooo delish.
Hugs Sue W.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Christine, wow what a gorgeous card and those scones look so yummy, its a shame you live so far away. hugs Shirleyx