Saturday, April 14, 2018

A light up Summer's Eve card.....

 By no means is it a summers eve here...oh boy we are suppose to have spring flowers popping up and we have an ice storm here. Now there is some positive to this storm...I stay in where it is warm and make cards! No quilt that I should be outside enjoying the weather...no nice weather out there!
 I pulled out a Dreamerland Craft stamp called A Token of Love for you.....that needed to be coloured and placed on a lamppost light up kind of card! DreamerLand just came out with these wonderful background stamps that allow you to create this background. I added some lights that when you press the side of the card they turn on....yes, I do have an addiction with these lights.
 I sponged my background with Distress inks and then stamped the fence and then the lamp posts. I coloured my images with prisma pencils and then placed a few stars in the sky. I tried to draw some cobblestone like walk way for my two little lovers to walk on...it turned out ok....
Well, thank-you for popping in to see what I have been up to. Oh and hopefully some of you got away to Scrapfest in Kitchener and really enjoyed yourselves......

6 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Super sweet card and I love the scene. Hope the weather warms up soon.

pinky said...

Super cute card Christine!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just starting to warm up a bit here, lots of lovely flowers out now. Your card is adorable, fabulous scene and loving these lights. Wonder what they are called

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, love your card with its lighting and your cobbles are perfect.
I was shivering just reading about the weather, hope it warms up soon for you.
Hugs Sue W.

Beth Brovold said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this gorgeous card Christine...the night sky is perfect...your colouring is simply fabulous!! I need some of those lights!!! Once again a beautifully designed card!
Take care,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card! Love it!