Friday, April 18, 2014

Slowly but surely.....

 ....... the leaves will be on the trees and the lazy hazy days of summer will be here. Oh how sweet that sounds.  I played today with a new stamp that I got from Pointer Scrapbooking in Markham! Thank-you Heidi....this guy is so cute! I tried something a bit different for me. This girl loves her prismas and distress inks, but this time I stamped my image in versamark and then sprinkled a little black Ranger embossing powder, heat set it and then coloured with Tombow markers.

 It is a bit hard to tell from these pictures that I actually did the hat 3D, and also popped up the tire. I really like doing 3D cards. Adds a little bit of a challenge for me! The hardest part to doing this card, was not adding glitter.....LOL!
So hurry spring and lets get going with the lazy days of sunshine and relaxing evenings! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Christine, I love this little guy! Would never have thought to emboss that way and then colour...very nice. Love your colouring and the dark blues... Its such a masculine card, I love that, its so hard to find something for boys!! Well done and happy Easter! Dianne

Karen Steen said...

beautiful, my friend! love the embossed image and then colouring it, great idea! Happy Easter.

Debbie said...

Just beautiful Christine. Debbiex

Kerri said...

Holy you are back..I was wondering where you were of course I love your card..BEAUTIFUL as always..

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Happy Easter. I am always excited to see you post, not often enough these days. You card is beautiful, great image and the tree looks fabulous. We have had some lovely Spring weather but cooler now Easter is here.

sueincanada said...

Wow, no glitter. Love the tree and all the little flowers.

Beth Brovold said...

STUUUUNNNNNING my dear friend!!! Oh how cute this little guy is and your colouring...AMAZING!!! You are the Master at creating a wonderful scene Christine!! So lovely you DON"T need glitter...LOL!!! Happy Easter to you and yours Christine!!

Helga said...

Wow an adorable idea and perfect made !
Happy Easter
Helga

Kat said...

Gorgeous Christine. Love that sweet image.

Kat xx

Joanne said...

Super job Christine! Love the image and the touch of glitter, and all those pretty leaves and flowers, VERY nice! Hang in there, summer is on its ways! Hugs, J:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely and make me feel like summer is almost here!! I need such a relaxing summer too!
Heidi