Friday, March 12, 2010

April Showers...

...bring May flowers! Now I know it's not April yet, but we had some glorious sunshine this week and now we are expecting a very wet weekend. So with that said, I thought this card would be inspired by our weather. I have not made a quad-fold-card in quite some time, and I love making these! Very easy, really they are! I had this little Hanglar holding her flower tray and my wonderful friend Carolyn shared her rain suit Hanglar. Thank-you Carolyn your little image completed my card!!

I added some Glossy accents to her rain coat and boots, to give it that shiny look. You can get this stuff at Michaels, Close to my Heart or even at Stamping Bella. I really like all the neat little
things you can do with that stuff!




Spesch Stamps is having a DT call!

How to Apply:

Send spesch an email at booyagirl@optusnet.com.au with New Designer in the subject field no later than March 31st. Please include 3 creations (they do not have to be new).

1. Include your name, mailing address, email address, list of your past and present design team positions. Note: you will be considered even if you do not have design team experience.

2. a link to your blog

3. a brief summary "about me" summary to include; interests, crafting history, etc. Whatever you would like Spesch Designs to know about you and your experience. Need to know more, go HERE!

Have a wonderful Friday!

20 comments:

Danielle said...

Christine, this is wonderful! The images are so beautifully coloured and I love how you finished the raincoat & boots with the glossy accents - the perfect touch! The colours are so pretty and the stitching detail on each panel really finishes the look off! Can you believe I haven't tried one of these folds yet!! I think you've inspired me to go & try ....watch this space!
Hugs, Danielle

Kelli said...

This is completely adorable, it reminds me of the first water colour class we did with pam russel.

Andrea said...

love your card, it looks like the coat is really wet, love it
hugs andrea

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful card. I love the glossy coat and the verse in the middle just leads you through to the lovely image at the back. Elaine

Liza said...

I love how you have added the glossy accents to her rain coat, it has a fantastic effect. This is another gorgeous card Christine.

Liza x

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh OH OH Christine this is so fun!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! The colors that design and oh boy that coloring of the images is just STUNNING!! This is my very favorite card of yours sweetie!!!
oh la la.......awww

Well let me see my address is......hee hee hee
happy weekend sweetie, Janiel

Nannieflash said...

Oh Christine, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love your card design as well, and those images are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How gorgeous. Love these little girls and those glossy accents are so effective. Another style of card for me to try. Hvae a great weekend and I hope it doesn't rain for you.. Marianne x

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow this is fabulous. Love both the images you used and your colouring is just fab as always. Great job.
mwah
Trace

Unknown said...

This is fab!! Love the glossy accents for the coat & boots!!!
Have a great weekend,
Angela x

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! Love her shiny raincoat!! Just beautiful!!

Sharon said...

I love this Christine. The glossy raincoat looks fantastic and I love the design of the card. I've made a tri-fold before but not a quad fold; will have to give this a go.

Debbie Pamment said...

Love how you've given her a lovely shiny raincoat! I think I had one just like it when I was little - can almost hear the crunkly noise it made when I moved - LOL.
Another GORGEOUS card!
xXx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

This is gorgeous Christine, absolutely adorable, love the colours!
hugs
Sue x

sueincanada said...

Love this card. The image is so cute and the shiny raincoat looks wonderful.

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the glossy accents on the rain coat....SOOOO perfect!

Kat said...

This is just gorgeous Christine. I've never made a card like this...yet. Must try. I've been such a bad blogger this while now because of lack of time. Hope this week is better. Apologies for not visiting your blog for about 10 days. I've had a lovely look back just now and you have made some beautiful cards. I love to visit you and see what you've been making.

Congrats on your DT post, your friend is lucky to have such a talented crafter on her DT.

Kat x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Weyhey! This card really is gorgeous! The glossy rain coat is brilliant and I love the simple two-colour palette and the understated embellishments. The images tell the story with a minimum of fuss and I love it! Hugs to you, Lesley

Nilla said...

Absolute stunning, great idea with the glossy accent on the rain coat, really makes it shiny! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Carolyn said...

You've totally outdone yourself with this one. The layout is amazing, and the coloring is fantastic. I need to meet this friend Carolyn who keeps giving you amazing images. LOL.
Hugs xx
Carolyn