Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fall is on its way....

I am not ready to say goodbye to summer yet...but I did break down and put together a fall like card. I used a Karen Lockhart stamp that I bought in the summer and I just love using it. It just reminds me of an old rocking chair my grandmother had and she always drapped an old quilt on the back of it just like this image! I coloured it all with some copics and tried to use my colourless blender to remove some of the colour on the seat cushion. Just to give it that old worn look to it! Enjoy these last few weeks of summer!

Punches: Ek success
Paper: Michaels
Stamp: Karen Lockhart
Ribbon: Michaels

7 comments:

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, the image is perfect and the sentiment, it looks so cozy with the checked paper and ribbon! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Rachel said...

OMgoodness another beautiful card using your wonderful Lockhart stamps. those colors are very fall like. wow i feel like its fall already looking at this card. Great job as always Christine.

Carolyn said...

Love this stamp. Your paper is perfect also.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh i really love your work,the stamps you use are gorgeous!! xx jo xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely homely feel to this card. I am looking forward to autumn as we will be going to New England for 15 days. Will be much nearer to you then but still far away. Marianne x

Tanya said...

I love this card. Beautiful!

Janis Lewis said...

Oh wow! I just love this card!