Sunday, October 2, 2011

Krafty Christmas....

I know , I know...a little early perhaps for Christmas card posts, but I do like to get a head start on things! I love working with kraft cardstock and thought this new line of paper that Stamping Bella just got in was perfect to use with it. It is called, Generations...simple stories. For me, it looks like quilting fabric. Yes, I do love to quilt, but this card making hobby has taken over!

I took kraft cardstock and ran it thru the cuttlebug using the snowflakes die, then rubbed Versa Magic, cloud white over the snowflakes so they would really stand out. I think it addes a nice effect. I coloured this Polar Bear Circle, from Stamping Bella with prismas and then added lots of glitter....you can never have enough glitter on a card!


This card I did a little paper piecing just to change things up a little and give it just a little dimension.
I used "frosty" from Stamping Bella on this card.

Snowman Circle from Stamping Bella was used on this card. I just love the snowman images....you guessed it, that is my weakness....the SNOWMAN! The lacey ribbon you see is from Stamping Bella as well. Oh my..I am totally in love with this. It just looks so victorian to me.



Keeping with the snowman theme here is "snowman with a birdie top" another Stamping Bella favourite! Oh I love this one. So country, so cute!


It feels so good to get some of my Christmas cards started...many more to get done. I also have been teaching some classes at Stamping Bella which has been so fun. A little busy I must say, but fun! These cards will be part of some of the classes I will be doing.....I hope the ladies enjoy these ones as much as I have enjoyed creating them!












24 comments:

Dana White said...

These are fabulous - love the idea of using kraft paper for the images; I must remember this!!

Sharon said...

Oh Christine, your Christmas cards are looking absolutely fabulous... yikes, it's almost that time of the year again, can't believe it! hugs Sharon

Martina said...

Oh...not only one, but FOUR lovely Christmas crads!!! And I really LOVE the white snowflakes you have made with your Cuttlebug and white ink. It looks gorgoues! And I like all four of them!
Hugs,
Martina

Debra said...

I love them....

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Christine these are all stunning and classy, the designs and images are just perfection.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh Christine! Every single one of these cards is fabulous!!!! Your colouring on Kraft is excellent. I just haven't been able to manage it myself; especially where white is required. My white never looks white on the Kraft. Is there a trick?
I also love your embossing with the white ink top. That is something I should be able to manage and your paper choices, pretty ribbons and the images themselves are perfect. What a delight! Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Love your choice of Kraft its one of my favorites. Snowpeople are a weakness. Thanks for some color ideas, that my weakness when doing my cards...shall have to pick me up some magic... Thanks for sharing Jane

Monique said...

Oh these are Beauuuutiful Christine!! Love the embossing, such cute images, ribbon and lace.... squeal I hope I am on your Christmas list!! lol Seriously stunning my friend!!

sueincanada said...

They look great, even better in person. I look forward to the class.

Joanne said...

All are absolutely beautiful Christine! The papers are really nice! I love how you did the snowflakes to stand out, they really look lovely! And, no, it's not too early for Christmas posting! Super job!! Hugs, J:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Christine!! Look at all these stunning holiday cards!! Love the embossing and your coloring on kraft. Gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Nannieflash said...

Hi Christine wow what stunning cards, love the kraft paper. hugs Shirleyxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Never too early for Christmas cards and these are fab. I adore Snowman with birdie top the best. I have a little candy with a gorgeous Snowman satmp so please hop over and enter. Marianne x

Dena said...

Don't forget me!!!!! I hope I am on your list!! haha!
These are adorable!!! Love the idea with the embossing folder, I defo will be trying it! You always have amazing idea Christine! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Dena

D K Crafts said...

Hi Christine. You have been busy! Beautiful Christmas cards, love the kraft and white and the snowman images are adorable. Donna

Karen Wilson said...

These are so cute Christine! The girl's will love doing these. I'm not the least bit surprised to see you getting started on Christmas cards already.

Have a great Thanksgiving wknd.

Denise Marzec said...

Lovin' all the coloring on kraft and the white highlights on the dry embossing. These look awesome, Christine!

Norma said...

Christine, it's never to early for making Christmas stuff. In fact I am further behind than I had planned. These Chrimstmas post cards are wonderful. Love your embossed-then-rubbed-on background paper. Cute images too and beautifully coloured. I haven't tried colouring on anything but white paper. I like the idea of working on the several christmas cards of similar design at the same time and then using difrerent images. Got a taste of that doing the KAOS cards. I think I'll put that in practice with xmas cards--should increase my inventory real quick...LOL.
Hugs
Norma

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Christine, all 4 of these are just sensational, beautiful, stunning!!! That DP and the embossed CS are just perfect for your images and the images are utterly lovely!!

Elf Designs said...

Hi Christine, what gorgeous cards, I love the way you have coloured the images. I completely agree you can never have enough glitter xx

Nilla said...

Gorgeous cards Christine! Have also started on my Christmas cards, but will probably not post them!! Take care! Hugs Nilla

Danielle said...

Oh my - how come I've missed these gorgeous cards Christine! These are just fabulous - so good to see you've made such a fantastic start to your Christmas cards!! Loving the kraft paper with the snowman and that gorgeous ribbon!
Hugs, Danielle

paula tracy williamson said...

WOW, I think I am in love yet again! These look perfect on the Kraft paper. I am honored that you like my coloring, but yours is just a gorgeous and you are far more clever!! Now I just wanna color all these images too. So pretty Christine.

Dorcas said...

Oh! your coloring on Kraft!Yay! Its beautiful Chiristine! Excellent job :-)